Cooking Cannabis, here the best recipes!
Light Cannabis is a wonderful product with infinite uses and purposes.
In the countries that allow the legal use of it, Light Cannabis becomes a great ally at the stoves!
Let’s find out recipes and curiosities on how to best cook Light Cannabis!
Why cook with Cannabis
The use of Light Cannabis in the kitchen has always caused sensation or funny comments, but it’s not the case here.
In fact it is absolutely normal to make use of natural elements to improve our nutrition and life style.
Cannabis is a complete food, both in taste and nutritional properties.
Cannabis nutritional properties
The seeds of Cannabis are rich in essential polyunsaturated fats (aka Omega-6 and Omega-3), present in optimal amount in Cannabis oil, more than many other kinds of oils.
The oil serves as an excellent supplement but also great dressing, with an ideal quantity of 1tsp per day.
Cannabis flour instead has a low percentage of fatty acids, but it’s rich in protein, providing essential amino acids. It’s rich in fibers, it’s gluten free and oily. Its taste reminds that of a hazelnut and it’s great to prepare cakes and salty doughs.
Cannabis seeds have lots of vitamins, such as E and those of the group B. They can be added to leavened doughs for buiscuits or bread, but also to add crunch to yoghurt or salads.
The flowers of Cannabis are perfect for infusions or dough for cakes. In infusion or when cooked, it releases all its properties.
Taste, Feel and Scent of Cannabis in the kitchen
What does cooked Cannabis taste like?
The answer can’t be universal, since it’s highly subjective.
First of all, we need to consider the use we make of it, that will affect the final taste.
In addition, Cannabis contains more than a hundred terpenes, which are organic compounds that impact on taste and scent and vary depending on the kind of Cannabis used.
Among the other terpenes, Cannabis contains Caryophyllene, that is very spiced, Myrcene with a woody flavour, and Linalool with a fresh, flowery taste.
Ready to find out the best Cannabis recipes?
To unleash your fantasy in the kitchen with Light Cannabis, it is essential to prepare homemade Cannabis butter! A simple ingredient that provides the basis for any other Cannabis recipes!
In fact all it takes is to replace “standard” butter with Cannabis butter in all your recipes. Super tasty even on a simple slice of bread!
Light Cannabis Butter
As mentioned before, cannabis butter is a great ally in the kitchen.
The fusion between Cannabis oil and butter oil when heated, will combine in something amazing!
- Grind or blend the flowers, to allow the extraction of the active substances.
- Add butter and water in a pot (250gr butter for 1 litre of water)
- Once melted the butter in the water, add the cannabis flowers. A slow simmer will extract all the active substances of Cannabis, don’t rush off!
- The butter will be ready once the liquid part will separate from the fat.
- Strain the liquid and separate it from the mix of Cannabis. Take out the cannabis and squeeze it
- Put it in a bowl and leave it in the fridge for one night, to allow the oils to solidify.
- The next morning your Cannabis butter is finally ready!
It will last up to 2 weeks, or you can store it in the freezer!
For a delicious Cannabis flavored Vodka, the steps are very easy!
- Vodka 250 ml
- Cannabis flowers 5 gr
- Grind the cannabis, wrap it in a gauze and form a bun.
- Put the Vodka in a double boiler and add the Cannabis bun; leave in infusion for 3 hours. The temperature shall not exceed 60° C
- Take out the Cannabis from the Vodka, and pour it in a glass container.
- Store it in a fresh and cool place.
Preparing an infusion with Cannabis is super easy!
The Cannabis infusion is a great ally against pain and anxiety!
- Let the water boil in a pot with the Cannabis. The ratio should be 250 ml of water – 200 mg Cannabis.
- Once the waters boils, cover the pot and wait for 15 minutes.
- Add whole milk. This helps transforming the soluble active substance of Cannabis.
- Wait 10 more minutes.
Your Cannabis flavored infusion is now ready!
Cannabis EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)
Similar to the Cannabis butter recipe, this one is even faster.
- Cannabis 30 gr
- evo oil 1 1/2 cup
- Bake the cannabis in the oven for 30 minutes at 110 degrees.
- Boil the oil
- Add the Cannabis and stir. This procedure takes about 2 hours.
- Leave the oil to cool.
- Filter with a gauze
- Pour the oil in a dark glass bottle.
Well, we hope you enjoyed our article!
You can find the flowers, the Cannabis oil and many other products in our online shop! Just click here and receive it within 24 h!
Stay tuned for all the updates about the world of Light Cannabis
Canapa Light Blue Team!